10/11/2011

Unexpected Splurge!

Yesterday I was treated to lunch at Yo Sushi (one of my absolute favourite places to eat) by my friend Char. Due to the fact we were eating in Harvey Nichols, we decided to have a ponder around afterwards. During our ponder I discovered these incredible clutch bags by Lulu Guinness and I am so so in love with them. I think my favourite would have to be the silver or red Swarovski crystallised one (annoyingly one of the most expensive at £650). I might have to settle for one of the cheaper ones but I think they're all really good pieces of design. Coincidentally I've been looking for a lipstick clutch bag for months and when I came across this selection I was in heaven!

http://www.luluguinness.com/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryId=icons_lips-clutches

After coming to terms with the fact that my bank account could not handle paying for even the cheapest one of these bags, I decided to head to MAC - a little more in my price range! I've been looking for a dark lipstick for a while and I experimented with a very cheap black one on Halloween and was impressed with the results. After sampling a couple, I opted for the darkest one I could find called 'cyber' which is a very dark/deep purple. It cost £13.50 and I'm trying it on tonight for my friend's 21st so I'll see how it looks.


In addition to my new lipstick, I've been in need of a new perfume for months. I hate not having a bottle and since running out of my previous Chanel one, I've been going through all sorts of free samples and unwanted Christmas/Birthday presents. No matter how many I've tried, I can't find one that I prefer to Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. So yesterday I braved it and ended up splurging £45 on a 35ml bottle. I know I'll get good use out of it so I'm trying not to feel TOO guilty!


(I have to include all the packaging in my pictures as I think it's a huge part of the product's image and definitely included in the phenomenal price you pay for it)!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment