13/12/2011

3 x (one week briefs)

Now I'm finally back at home for the holidays and relaxed, I thought it was about time I posted some of my work from uni. I study Graphic & Communication Design which is a combination of photography, illustrations, art, typography, film, fashion etc. It is about creating new and unique visuals that will make sense to their audience whilst maintaining an attractive layout. During my course, the tutors will scrutinise absolutely every aspect of my work whether it be the reasoning behind my choice of typeface, the colours used, the layout, the leading and kerning of type (a technical term used for the spacing between letters and lines of copy), the size of type, the images used and the list goes on. Absolutely every part of your work is studied and questioned and there needs to be thoughtful meaning behind it all.

At the beginning of this semester, I was given a brief each week that needed to be presented seven days later. Each piece of work was then critiqued and I was given time to improve them. Below are the final three outcomes that I submitted at the end of the semester. Click on each image to enlarge and read content.

Brief 1 - Making the Invisible Visible
Brief 2 - Pictogrammes of the Four Seasons
Brief 3 - Visualising the Concept of Time (24 hours)

1 comment: